Och, Ness!: Wet 'n' Wild Book 1, Eryn Hawk



This is a new take on a mythical creature shifter romance for me.  Not truly unique, but a slightly different take that I thought was interesting.  The connection Gray had with Nessie and with Hamish was definitely a draw and one of my favorite moments was when Gray checked in with Hamish about their status.  It spoke to something awkward that he wasn't aware of but an honesty and genuine feeling for both entities that was very sweet.

There was something missing though, and I think it was in the actual relationship evolution.  Going from one side of the spectrum to the other, "we have a connection, but let's not pursue it, but maybe we should make the most of our time together, and yet not spend a lot of time together", was an inconsistency and a vacillation that detracted from the relationship growing.  I became more interested in Gray with Nessie more than Gray with Hamish despite them being the same creature.

Ultimately this was a cute story with an interesting take and some good spicy times.  It was the first story I've read by this author and I think I'd be open to more from them.

*$3.49 on Amazon or FREE on KU!

No comments:

Post a Comment