Under a Greek Twilight: Love Abroad Series, Jax Stuart


Joshua was actually very real-feeling to me.  He was hurt, struggling, frustrated, sad, lonely amongst friends, yearning, and hopeful...all of his feelings were on the page and I believed them.  What he found with Lysander was definitely story/movie magic that I play out in my head for myself but could never believe would happen to me.  Lysander was a steady presence and I liked his honesty with both himself and Joshua.  They really were a good match.

What detracted was the repeating drama with Lysander's ex.  Ryan was a bit predictable so that was kind of expected, as was his fling-turned fiance-turned scorned lover...  The unnecessary road blocks were manufactured angst that didn't really belong.  There were other things that could have played that role just fine that were far more organic.  But what really didn't belong at all was Ryan's ridiculously petty confrontation at their new job.  It was out of left field, did nothing for the characters or the story, gave no kind of closure, and was just purely annoying.

Altogether this was a really cute story that I could see reading again, so long as I skip the cafeteria scece.  Well, maybe just parts of it, because the players really showed their true colors and they were bright and beautiful.  Overall it was a truly nice way to pass an hour or two.

*$3.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!

No comments:

Post a Comment