Dark Alpha's Obsession: Reapers Book 11, Donna Grant


If you're engaged in the series and have read from the beginning, including the Dark Kings' that precedes and also runs concurrent to the Reapers' series, this fits right in and though short and not filled with a ton of detail, it does bridge the gap and give us a really exciting change that's going to really shake up their world going forward.

This story felt different in that it wasn't complicated with a billion secrets, side stories, and subplots, it was straightforward with one particular situation that needed recon with a couple surprises along the way. One surprise was Fianna. Her strength and vulnerability were perfectly matched to Rordan's vigilance and quiet strength. Though I will admit, Fianna's strength and general badassery was lost along the story outside of the one sparring session and was a bit of a letdown. On the other hand, until she responded to that one call, she really did do what she promised and I loved her for it. Too many times you have the TSTL moment that puts them and everyone else in more danger than necessary because they saw fit to broke their promise.

And then there was surprise number two where Rordan's past came back to, not haunt him, but to free him. I absolutely did not see that one coming and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Despite it not ending in the best way, those moments were ones that set this particular story apart from the whole rest of the series and made it even more unique. Adding in the other unique bit with how the Reaper reveal info came about, and this became a story to appreciate instead of just enjoy for a few passing moments.

So keeping in mind that this is absolutely part of the series and not a standalone, it really worked. On its own it was simple and really light on information, discovery, and action, but there were enough moments of conflict to move the overall plot along. I'm definitely looking forward to what's coming next.

*$4.99 on Amazon

There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I’m coming for you…

When Erith directs me to infiltrate the enemy and topple them from within, I immediately accept the challenge. I figure it’ll be easy until a stunning warrior goddess crosses my path and diverts my attention. The problem? She’s in league with those I was sent to take down. However, I soon discover there is more to her than meets the eye and quickly find my mission divided: disband this new group of Fae Others and save the gorgeous Light from her family—and herself. All it takes is one look, one conversation to know that she’s mine, and I will chance Death’s displeasure to make it so. But the risks are great. Because when you fall in love with the enemy, more than your heart is on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment