Commitment Issues: Silver Foxes Book 1, Ali Ryecart


So many tropes to love, such a great author, and two well crafted MC's should have all worked together to make this book sing.  It carried a tune alright, but it wasn't what I hoped for though not a bad way to spend a couple/few hours.

Elliot and Freddie both needed one another platonically, but there was a whole lot of chemistry to work with as well.  What bothered me about that was not how long it took them to get on the same page and between the sheets, it was the constant denial and restrained honesty of feelings that took up more than half of the book.  Slow progress is still progress, but these men set up roadblock after roadblock.  Add in the conniving nastiness that was Gavin and you may as well be in quicksand with how the men were moving forward together.

They did finally work it all out, it just took a long time to get there.  I skimmed a lot of the inner monologuing that happened because it was differently worded reiterations of the same hesitations and denials again and again.  Internal angst can really work, but this edged too far into the self-pitying "woe is me" stuff that wasn't depth of feeling or motivational.

While it's clear I had issues with some things, there were insightful friends, wonderful confessions, and a really sweet epilogue to help things along.

*4.99 on Amazon



From fake date to friends with benefits, commitment's not an issue.

Elliot
Freddie's way too young.  I'm twice his age and old enough to be his father.  He's an adorable mix of sexy, smart, sassy, shy and sweet.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to be forced into taking him as my fake date to my oldest friend's wedding, just because my cheating ex will be there.

Freddie
Elliot's everything I want in a man, he's my ultimate silver fox fantasy.  But I've had my heart ripped out by an older guy before, and I've vowed it'll never happen again.  So why have I let myself be talked into posing as Elliot's arm candy at a posh wedding?

From fake date to friends with benefits, commitment's not part of the deal.  So where does falling in love fit in?

No comments:

Post a Comment