Adler's Hart: Briggs Ferry Bay Book 2.5, Misty Walker


Really short and a little too simplistic, but gruff older men who hide a soft, vulnerable, gooey middle seem to bypass any reservations I had regarding the story's basic plot.

Adler is gruff and surly and all the best kinds of hotness when we first meet him.  His fragile heart is there for us to see despite all the bearish behavior that's trying to hide it.  His reaction to Hart is just as described in the synopsis, but Hart sinks deeper than I expected and while the timeline is super short to seem to feel so much for the younger man, there's a long reflection that makes Adler's change of heart believable.  It's still tentative though, so what follows makes me feel better about how his offer is presented.

Hart is vivacious, caring, insightful, and just right for Adler.  His youth is quite apparent in some of his reactions and I'm mostly glad that we got to see him acting his age most times.  Having fantastic parents and a stellar friend helped him to see beyond what his unseasoned life experience didn't allow him to see about Adler and led him to reciprocating Adler's grand gesture with one of his own.

The confessions were sweet and straightforward as well as simple with very little to complicate an already complicated situation between them.  Their reactions to hurt were expected and their reunion was still simple but managed to pack some really good feels in there as well.  This story really covered a lot of ground despite being so short and I was happily surprised with how it played out.  Made me wish I discovered the series sooner, actually, so you can bet I'm adding the others to my TBR list.

*$2.00 on Amazon


I'm a loner.
Never getting too comfortable or allowing anyone to get too close.
So when I log onto the hook-up app on my last night in Ketchikan, Alaska,
I assume it'll be a quick lay before I go south for the winter.
Until I see the man who shows up at my door.
He's young, wide-eyed, and perfect.

All I want is a one-night stand with no attachment,
I should have known things would be different with a man named Hart.
After the best night of my life, I'm desperate to run.
Except we're snowed in.

I try to keep him at a distance.
But there's something about him that has me opening up,
letting him in against my better judgment.

Suddenly I don't want to be alone anymore.
I want to be with him.
My Hart.

No comments:

Post a Comment