Invincible Me: Stories of the Seasons Book 3, Addison Lloyd


This YA story felt very high school while also creeping into some New Adult themes.  There was discovery that had me curious, but the journey didn't exactly keep me captivated.  The ending was a hopeful HFN as age and the fact that their lives haven't even truly begun yet kept it from being an HEA.  Even though the title didn't exactly match the story, it contained a relatively good mix of angst, drama, curiosity, complications, and feelings.

I can't say I was truly drawn to any certain character besides Jade and they were only a peripheral side character for a short portion of the relatively short story.  To be honest, their short interactions with the MC's as a compassionate and meddling secret keeper and with another side character with their jealousy and animosity was far more interesting than the actual story I was reading.  Caleb was fine, but I didn't really connect with him much at all; he also read way older than 17 and the way he was written felt like he just didn't fit into the scripted role but was shoved in anyway.

I'm not sure the story reflected the empowered or invulnerable feel of the title.  I mean, sure, he survived something scary, but the self-discovery, the sudden realizations about his desires...none of that was on the level I'd been expecting with the title or the passion implied in the synopsis.  What I hoped to get from this story wasn't what I got, but I can't say I disliked it, I just didn't feel it the way I wanted.

*$2.99 on Amazon

A reaction to almost dying or gay awakening?

I don’t fit in anymore. Not at home. Not at school. And this jittery feeling—like I’m living someone else’s life—needs to stop. Nothing makes sense until I confront Caleb Patterson at his locker. Arguing with him makes me feel alive again.

I have a girlfriend, but Caleb lights me up like he’s flipped a switch. He’s patient and sweet. And I want to kiss him until I break his world apart and reach the person underneath.

I’m tired of labels and playing by the rules. But living my life on my terms is more difficult than I imagined.

All I want is to be his everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment