Fair Trade: Bold Brew Book 7, Cate Ashwood


Despite being drawn in by the premise and the inevitability of a one-time hookup becoming a forever love, I wasn't sure I liked either MC all that much.  Callum was a bit of a grump in a negative way and Nick was a little too lost and unclear.  It was Callum that grew on me first with his desperate need to cling to the job and his isolation and I wanted so much to know why.  It wasn't until the end that I appreciated Nick and it was mainly because he fulfilled Callum's needs.

I think my favorite scene of everything was the moment of profound relief after everyone thought the worst had happened.  I had to take a tiny break from reading so I could quietly giggle.  Giggle, yes, and I kind of never do that on my own without the aid of my two kids being ridiculous.

When everything fell into place there was a sense of peace for the reader who was following along with the chaos of the job as well as the inner turmoil from Callum.  The balance of the book was thrown off because we spent so long with the before that we didn't get nearly enough of their after.  Their happiness was well-earned despite taking nearly the entirety of the short book to get there, but this seriously needed an epilogue.

*$2.99 on Amazon

After working with the same partner for almost fifteen years, she ditched me for a cushy teaching job. And I thought things couldn’t get worse.

I was wrong.

Because walking into the ambulance station to see my new rookie is none other than the guy I’d picked up in a seedy bar would’ve been bad enough.

Except we hadn’t just hooked up.

Nope.

What we’d done went so far beyond an anonymous one-nighter.

And now I'm not sure what to do with myself, because being with Nick isn’t just against station rules.

It’s against mine.

But I can’t seem to stop, and what’s even more concerning…

I can’t make myself care.

No comments:

Post a Comment