Fix Me: Tattoos and Temptation Book 2, Mia Monroe

Fix Me: Tattoos and Temptation Book 2 by [Mia Monroe]

Casper and Saint share some amazing chemistry, but there's something holding Saint back at the same time that something is propelling Casper forward.  Watching them find their shared wavelength is a difficult ride, but no less full of the feels I'd come to expect after reading Marry Me, book one in the series.  I adore both men for different reasons, though I have to admit that it's Casper that really captured and kept my attention throughout the story.

If basing my enjoyment only on the chemistry these two men shared I'd be an enthusiastic reviewer.  But it was adding in the subtleties, the struggle, the pain, and Casper's individual evolution that really sold the story for me.  Casper struggled with so much more than you'd ever expect and the way he gives his everything to Saint again and again was both wonderful and agonizing.  It was Saint's reactions and hesitations that made me ache the most, not for him, but for Casper.  I was glad for the dual POV, because otherwise I'd probably write Saint off despite my general love of a gruff Daddy opening his heart fully to his boy.

Saint was a tough character for me because while I respected his journey and his emotional hesitations, I felt his reaction to his past was a bit over the top.  A lot of blame that wasn't really warranted, even the irrational guilt kind.  It was enhanced and prolonged only to add angst to Casper's own journey and I didn't really appreciate that.  Casper's difficulties stemmed from bad choices, self-discovery, not knowing themselves, desperation to find acceptance, a nasty ex, and a set of parents who were pieces of work.  It was a lot to unpack.  Everything got it's resolution in the end and I adored Casper's maturity and realization of all the good he had both in himself and in the life he forged around himself.

I can't wait to see where we go next with these men.

*$4.99 on Amazon
 Fix Me: Tattoos and Temptation Book 2, Mia Monroe

My crush has Daddy written all over him
The minute I laid eyes on him he became my new hobby. I turned on the charm to win him over, only to get friendzoned. The more time we spend together, the more glimpses I get of the Daddy he’s hiding under his no dating allowed exterior. Unfortunately for Saint, a Daddy is exactly what this boy is looking for.
I have no intention of staying friends with him, but with every platonic interaction, I start feeling things I never have. And not just about the sexy Scottish object of my affection.
I wasn’t looking for someone to fix me, but if I let him in we might have something amazing here.
If we can just shake the ghosts from the past…

No comments:

Post a Comment