Alpha's Embrace: Omega Misfits Book 3, Wendy Rathbone

Alpha's Embrace: The Omega Misfits: Book 3 by [Wendy Rathbone]

From the very beginning of the series I was intrigued by the idea of Sylphs and new we'd get at least one of their stories.  For all the mystery and agony surrounding these men, there had to be individuals among them that didn't fit the lore passed around their society.  Misha was one such man and it took a kind, earnest, and determined Alpha to give him the future filled with love he didn't dare to dream could become a reality.

There were quite a few directions we could have been taken in with this story and while none that I expected happened, the path we took was interesting in quite a few ways.  Despite being interesting it drifted from one point to another while not really progressing and that made this book a little harder to read than the previous two.  I think there was a bit missing in the way of depth because for all the intrigue, mystery, genetic anomalies, surprise bonds, nefarious characters, and "planning" for their future, we got virtually none of the completion of any of those points.  They really could have been streamlined and refined and this would have easily been my favorite of the series.

It took way, way too long for anything romantic to happen and Geoff's constant denial was incredibly taxing, especially because there were a couple times when he seemed to come to the defining conclusion about his convictions toward Misha rather than away from him and in the next moment he's mentally and verbally denying anything he feels about him.  This is not my kind of roller coaster.

Overall there was a whole lot that drew me in with the premise, but the slow-burn wasn't implemented effectively to make me believe in the MC's or their romance.  With so many points of interest that weren't visited with intention I'm wondering where this series is going from here.  I'm still interested enough in how the author weaves a story from unconventional societal pairings with the men of this world that I'll absolutely be back for more.

*$3.99 on Amazon
 Alpha's Embrace: Omega Misfits Book 3, Wendy Rathbone

I am Misha.

My name was given to me at birth by the doctor who delivered me. I have never known my parents. I live in a ten by ten space with one window, a sink and toilet, a bed and a locked door. Once a day I’m taken to an outdoor exercise area. I am allowed a limited access tablet and tutored online by computer programs. I have one friend I talk to through a tiny crack in the wall. His name is Cedric and he has trouble keeping himself quiet. When he isn’t talking to me about monsters and demons, he screams all the time.

Why is my life so isolated and depressing? Because I am a Sylph. Sylphs are the byproduct of illegal Omega to Omega matings. We are all beautiful, but 99.9% are born insane. The rarest of Sylphs, like me, show no outward signs of madness or brain damage, but we live in institutions because we cannot be trusted.

All of us Sylphs who have lived long enough to pass through puberty have hypersexual disorder which makes life even more difficult for us, let alone our keepers. It is like something Alphas call the Burn, a mating urge Alphas experience once every couple of months.

But we’re Sylphs, not Alphas, and this Burn thing? We experience it all the time. It’s a huge problem and why we are kept isolated. Most of us don’t survive through our teens because of it.

One day, a handsome Alpha comes to interview and study me. He calls himself the Chief of Staff but his real name is Geo. Like magic, I fall in love with him instantly. I do everything I can to seduce him. He will have none of it because touch between an Alpha and a Sylph is taboo. But I have plans. No matter what, I intend to bond him and make him mine. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment