Where it All Began: Manx Cat Guardians Prequel, J P Sayle

Where it all Began: Manx Cat Guardians Origins (The Manx Cat Guardians Book 1) by [Sayle, J P]

In a time when a new god is changing the landscape of love, the Manx Cat Guardians are sent to guide soulmates to one another.  The arrogance of one such guardian brings two men together only to have them torn apart in the worst way one could imagine.  His role changes to guide these souls back to one another and right his wrongs, but it also paves the way for other Guardians to carry out their roles throughout the ages.

I never imagined that I would be so torn and ravaged by a story.  What happened was utterly horrible!  But there's so much promise and connection that my yearning is much greater than my shock and depression.  I seriously never saw any of what happened coming.  Not only were two men made to feel the consequences of time, religion, and vindictive warriors, but they were put into the situation because of the impatient urgings of an arrogant king.  I have no words for how painful their situation was or how horrendous the punishments of that time period were.  Their story is one I simply must read to ease my own soul regarding two men who deserved better.

This whole premise is incredibly interesting.  While it was quite difficult to get into the story once it jumped to the historical beginning of Max's part in Aaden's tale, it was a great introduction to his role and how everything connects.  Though I will say that things took a turn for the awkward when we got the cat's more...sensual leanings?  We'll see if he gets his own story to make that less weird, but for now it's best if you just kind of gloss over his musings and focus on the other romances.

Despite being a rather long prologue, this set everything up for the series and while I'm a bit squeamish about the original couple, I've got some high hopes for everyone we'll meet and where we'll be taken on this rather intriguing journey.

*$2.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
 Where it All Began: Manx Cat Guardians Prequel, J P Sayle

No comments:

Post a Comment