Dead to the World: Cold Case Psychic Book 10, Pandora Pine

Dead to the World (Cold Case Psychic Book 10) by [Pine, Pandora]

Grief, pain, and secrets.  Tennyson and Ronan have traveled a long road to get to where they are and yet their struggles are nowhere near over.  Tennyson's guilt is eating him alive, Ronan's grief is blinding him to life, and an old enemy isn't through with either of them.  When everything is thrown into chaos by shocking revelations Ten and Ronan will have to conquer the biggest hurdle they've ever faced if they hope to have the future both of them have dreamed of.  And that's only if they can survive the mortal peril an old enemy has in store for Ronan's loved ones.

What draws me most to these men are that they're real.  I get angry with them, disappointed, frustrated.  But I also am so involved in their lives that that's the way it should be.  Just because I don't like where their journey takes them at times doesn't mean I don't wish damn hard that they come through stronger on the other side.  At times they surprise me with their insight, maturity, and their hearts.  And Dead to the World had me on both very different sides of the spectrum.

Ronan has his typical Irish explosion, and not without cause, but the words that spew from his mouth have me aching for Ten and angry that Ronan can be so willfully blind.  But it's when he gets advice from Kevin and Jude that he listens to his heart and allows his ears to open to the truth and the havoc Ten's secrecy wreaked on him for lying to Ronan.  With a view to right wrongs, to truly listen and hear, I'm floored by the changes in this man.  Even without all the drama that followed I have every belief that he would have came to the right understanding sooner rather than later.  Ronan's temper made him an idiot, but his heart made him extraordinary.

The drama was big, as it always is with this crew, and in this case I think it was actually quite fitting.  Issues that surrounded the case were touched on by an impassioned yet clear-headed Ronan that left me satisfied that someone noticed what was going on.  Even if what happened to Ten was during his small lapse, it was his cool head that got them into a position that proved victorious.  I was most impressed with Kevin and Jude.  The way they handled Ronan was perfection.  I was most disappointed in Carson and Bertha, actually.  I didn't agree with how they handled things even if I can absolutely see where they were coming from.  In the end, it was everything about Ronan made this story the roller coaster it was and I'm so glad I stuck with this family.  I'm absolutely crazy about them and cannot wait to see what happens next.

*$3.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
 Dead to the World: Cold Case Psychic Book 10, Pandora Pine

No comments:

Post a Comment