Hell on Earth: Hellhound Omegas Book 1, Macy Blake

Hell On Earth: Hellhound Omegas Book One by [Blake, Macy]

After witnessing something crazy scary Drew Metcalf runs.  Ending up at Hair of the Dog he meets a gigantic man who, instead of freaking him out makes him feel safe and settled.  But when the very thing he's running from chases him to the bar that's become his refuge, he learns some truths he never expected.  Meshaq can't help but be drawn to the skittish man and if that means he'll commit to protecting him, and maybe wooing him too, he's all for it.  Except outside forces are setting the stage for a magical coup and plan for Drew to be a part of it; Meshaq isn't about to let that happen.  With all the changes going on and the stress of being thrust into a world he'd been blissfully unaware of, Drew is going to have to decide if a future with the hulking shifter with a soft heart is possible or if he'll go back to running.

I was in love with Meshaq before when he was huge, scary, protective, and awed by the trust given him by six lost cubs.  Seeing another side of him here, the doting, affectionate, generous, sweetly awkward man made me love him all the more.  He gained depth, more facets for us to see and understand who he is and what he prizes above all things.  My favorite though, was his courting.  The way he would get eager like a puppy, awkward and shy at times, and then the adorably proud moments when his efforts were positively acknowledged...who wouldn't fall in love with this man?

His fierce protection of his pack and carrying out his duty to his goddess gave us an idea why the darkness targeted them.  Aside from the omega issue, there was immense goodness in this fierce pack and it made sense to threaten them with the evil that could taint that and disrupt the balance.

Drew is a fantastic partner for Meshaq.  I enjoyed how naturally he fell into the role without even realizing it.  It seemed that his natural personality was given sanctuary and then allowed to flourish.  While I would have liked to know more about him as an individual, such as his origins and motivations beyond finding safety, I did find that I learned enough to like him quite a lot.  I absolutely believe that he is nurturing and strong enough to carry out his future role.

The side characters are engaging without stealing the spotlight and the dramatic events unfolding around everyone progresses in such a way that we're drawn in and left in anticipation for more when this book ends.  What I like about the way this story ended is that it's a set-up for the series and not a gimmick to get you to find out what happens.  The relationship is set on a path clearly headed for awesomeness despite the magical happenings that could threaten it and both Drew and Meshaq are solidified in place as alpha and alpha's mate.  Having the pack support them and all be in on the learning curve that goes along with the magical changes in Drew gives us insight into and hope for each member of the family.

I'm not sure I can fully convey to you my eagerness for more from this series.  I found myself smiling and having giddy moments as well as edge-of-my-seat moments where I couldn't put the book down.  Well, let's be honest here.  I didn't put it down once I started.  But those anticipatory moments were enough that I consciously went somewhere I couldn't be interrupted until I finished the story.  So. Dang.  Good!

*$3.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
 Hell on Earth: Hellhound Omegas Book 1, Macy Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment