Lost in Indigo: Colors of Love Book 1, V.L. Locey

Lost in Indigo (Colors of Love  Book 1) by [Locey, V. L. ]

To truly appreciate others you have to accept yourself.  Mathieu Beresford is hurt at a pivotal moment in his hockey career and all he wants to do is hide away from the world.  That's not the only thing he wants to keep hidden though.  But one look at the vibrant Indigo has him taking a hard look at who he is and what he wants.  Except he'll have to dig deep, really deep, to find the courage to accept every piece of himself if he wants to give Indigo everything they deserve.

Indigo is fierce, sweet, and definitely not a pushover.  I do think he was young and his immaturity showed at times.  The one issue I have with him is his willingness to be a secret and then when that's tested he not only shows his hurt, but he acts as if it wasn't something he was prepared for.  His youth and hurt made him react on a grand scale.  I won't say I disagree with what he did, because I don't, I just think that there was some perspective and empathy that was missing.  Coming out should always be done by and for the individual and I don't think it should be forced.  Indigo gave Mat quite a large push in that direction, but one that was sorely needed.

Mat wasn't exactly what I expected.  I anticipated getting a bear in temperament and a damaged man that needed to sort through a myriad of issues, but what I wasn't expecting was his acquiescence to the harpy of a nurse.  To laugh at her ridiculousness and be understanding of her views didn't show emotional maturity to me, it showed cowardice and weakness.  He eventually made it right but it shocked me that he would put up with it for so long.  He was also a colossal a-hole regarding Indigo when the pressure was on.

I would have loved to have an alternating POV but we only get Mat's thoughts.  It became a bit depressing and a little annoying at times to be constantly brought back to his weakness over and over again but he was the one who needed to make the most changes so I can understand focusing on him and his experiences instead.  Overall, though, the story was so very good.  There was incredible passion and the steam was hot, hot, hot!  Mat's grand gesture was so great; it really worked beautifully to lead us to the best epilogue ever.  Such a fantastic story!

*$4.50 on Amazon!
 Lost in Indigo: Colors of Love Book 1, V.L. Locey

No comments:

Post a Comment