Every Breath You Take: Redeeming Love Book 2, J.E. Parker

Every Breath You Take (Redeeming Love Book 2) by [Parker, J.E.]

There's surviving, and then there's thriving.  Shelby has survived but now she's finding her place in life to give her son the best life possible away from everything that could harm him.  She's committed to making his future one where he can thrive.  Along the way she's also committed to providing safety and peace for others that have survived like she has.  And if she can find a way to thrive on her own?  Well, it'll take a miracle to heal her and give her the security and freedom she affords others.

While he's not exactly a miracle, Anthony Moretti came close enough that Shelby finally found someone that thought about her.  But more than that, he made her think about herself.  Falling in love with her and her son opened doors for her that she never thought possible.  And that support and affection changed her life.

But no matter how much love there is, it won't erase your demons.  Time, patience, understanding, and love go a long way to giving you internal power over them.  For Shelby, though, she's got those demons and another far more physically real one that won't stop until she's either dead or his.

Anthony will do everything in his power to protect Shelby.  His complete devotion to her right from the start was both tender and powerful. I don't know that I liked the pushing and belligerently macho posturing he does at times.  With one instance of triggering her panic attack I thought he should have used his softness afterward to find out what her triggers were so he could knock it off.  Aside from that, though, he was thoughtful, incredibly sexy, understanding, and such a good, good man.  He provided the perfect complement to the mouthy, fiery Shelby.

Shelby was so much sass and fierceness.  I loved her.  She was a bit too stubborn at times but I loved that she never let all the male posturing dampen her will.  Never let any of them keep her from doing what was right.  Without her tenacity and resolve she could have quickly faded in their giant ego's shadows but instead, she balanced them, called them out, fought her own battles, protected others around her fiercely, and ultimately, it was all of those traits that let her be her own hero.

This story was so funny at times I laughed out loud (very rare occurrence for me to laugh outwardly) and it was also incredibly intense.  There was violence and horror from her past that haunted her present and threatened her future.  There was incredible steam between Shelby and Tony.  There was an astounding amount of tenderness and love.  I was drawn in to the story and the characters right from the very beginning and they didn't let me go until the end.  Each pairing is phenomenal and I'm really excited to read more of their stories.

*$2.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
 Every Breath You Take: Redeeming Love Book 2, J.E. Parker

*Maddie and Hendrix had their own rough, 
long road to travel for their HEA.
Read their story in Every Moment with You...
Every Moment with You (Redeeming Love Book 1) by [Parker, J.E.]
 Every Moment with You: Redeeming Love Book 1, J.E. Parker
Two broken hearts. One second chance.

Maddie
I've loved Hendrix Cole ever since I was a little girl.
From the moment I first saw him, I knew that one day, he'd be mine.
And he was. At least... until he threw it all away.
I gave Hendrix my heart and he shattered it into a million pieces.
I begged him not to leave. Still, he walked away.
It's been six years since I've seen him.
But now a cruel twist of fate just brought us face-to-face.
He swears he never meant to hurt me.
He begs me for another chance.
I still love him. Always have. Always will.
But can I trust him?
Losing him once almost killed me.
I won't survive if it happens again.

Hendrix
I've loved Maddie Davis ever since I was a kid.
From the moment I first saw her, I knew that one day, she'd be mine.
I was right.
Maddie gave me her heart and I gave her my ring.
But like the screw-up my father says I am, I blew it.
Before I could explain, she vanished.
Our love? Gone in the blink of an eye.
I know I hurt her and I hate myself for it.
Now she's back.
This is my chance.
I won't let her walk away.
Not again.
Maddie is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment