Light My Fire: GSC in Love Book 1, Katy Manz


This was just...okay.  I had really high hopes because dragons, I mean, it's got dragons!  But alas, dragons were not enough to make me love this story.  The dragons were the best part, especially Zander, with their complicated, potentially tragic family situations, the love and support, and the lack of pride that could have destroyed them all.

But then you've got Rayne who seemed to be a total boss, in control of so much, an incredible magic wielder, and fierce.  He should have been the best partner to Zander.  I generally love an omega who doesn't fit the stereotypical role and doesn't want to, but here he was so disdainful of those who chose what he feared.  Yes, he got over it, but he was so arrogant, so unbending, so narrow sighted when things got tough.  I wanted to see him be humbled, not just come to the conclusion that he needed to do better.  There was a dream and I truly needed to see that dream because days later and I'm still mad at Rayne for doing what he did to Zander.

Overall this was a good story, not a bad one, but I just don't know that I will put book two high on my TBR list.  Maybe, maybe because Rayne won't be the lead and there will still be my dragons I'll give it a chance...  This was my first book by this author so I think I will give it a chance, I just wasn't impressed by one of the male leads.

Oh, but the best scene ever, the one that totally stabbed me right in the feels, yeah, that might definitely make me come back for more.  Zander's father's immediate reaction to his mate's distress?  That was pure gold with so much love and so much of a 180 from the male we met near the beginning.  Beautiful moment.  So yeah, maybe I will read book two sooner rather than later...


*$3.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!

No comments:

Post a Comment