What He Finds: Desires: New Beginnings Book 2, E.M. Denning

Quentin and Toby had an adorable beginning and I loved watching them evolve. Seeing how Quentin's Dom was just right for Toby's sub made me believe in their dynamic, that it wasn't contrived, it fell into place naturally.

There were a few scenes that I skimmed over when it got spicier, but that's just because my flavor of spice isn't quite in favor of the types of names used. Totally doesn't bother me at all, it just wasn't something I felt like reading every word of the scene. That being said, it was some dang good steam. It was both spicy and sweet and that's definitely my favorite flavor.

Overall I felt that there were a couple things that detracted from the story for me, the first was the constant returning to the same "problems" again and again. It seemed to be either resolved or on hold for that resolution and then it got brought up again as if we hadn't just rehashed the same issue a few pages prior. And second, I kind of don't know if I felt the scene with the former partner of the former boyfriend was necessary because it didn't bring answers, closure, or peace.

But if you're looking for quick, sweet, dirty spice, then this is the story for you. Even though there are cameos from other characters in other stories related to this world this is absolutely a standalone.

*$4.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!

No comments:

Post a Comment