Little Boy Blu: Little Big Heart Book 1, Wendy Rathbone


This is saccharine, sugar, and all kinds of sweet so if you're craving sweet, no angst, cuddlef**king then this is your jam.

Blu and Maks both aren't prepared for the kind of perfection they could provide one another and yet they fall so effortlessly into exactly what they need.  While I can absolutely see some of the pitfalls that reality should have put in their path, this wasn't meant to be picked apart that way.

The one thing that made this such an awesome read for me was Blu's short yet very, very clear deliniation between being a little and yet still a man.  Sometimes a lot of these age play stories give me the really uncomfortable icks because it seems so close to something that should make everyone uncomfortable between adults and children but that is so very not what happens here.  Blu is well aware of who and what he is and also what he needs in all aspects.  I see him as a little and I also see him as a man, this blend is done extremely well here.

Maks is such a good Daddy.  He's been yearning for this for so long and yet never knew what or how or when it would ever happen.  He was just right.

What dropped this from 5 to 4 stars was the frequent hints that there would be obstacles, interference, discovery from family or media.  I was very glad none of it panned out, but there was something hanging around nearly every scene that made me wonder if some kind of conflict or angst was going to be tossed in just for the sake of "believability", but I should have remembered whose book I was reading.  This author is quite good at not creating needlessly convoluted or contrived storylines more often than not.  So while this all worked out well, there were too many hints that didn't play into anything beyond giving me more apprehension than sugary sweet lovin'.


*$4.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!

No comments:

Post a Comment