Single Omega Dad: Omega Misfits Book 4, Wendy Rathbone

Single Omega Dad: The Omega Misfits, Book 4 by [Wendy Rathbone]

After what happened in Trust No Alpha with Mathias I was set to make him earn his redemption.  I didn't expect to see his detachment and listlessness from the very start and then his quick change after truly seeing Saber.  His redemption didn't fully come until near the end, but that's because part of the process is making amends.  While he spent most of this story attempting to do what was right by the Omega that he was falling for, he had to come to terms with his past and that was his hurdle.  It took a while, but when he got there it was sweet because Kris was a wonderful human being that saw the heart of the man rather than holding a grudge from the past.  Though it did all work out, I felt the reconciliation was a bit too tame for what was necessary.

Finding a strong Omega who knew his mind and was still a wonderful father is something that doesn't always find a balance in many mpreg stories.  I was very happy that this wasn't the case here because Saber was truly a good dad who wanted the best for his sons.  Having a great Alpha to support him in that and to become a true partner in the task was icing on the cake.  I'm glad the kids played a role and at the same time were off screen as an integral part of their story but not taking up a lot of page time because there was a lot to cover with just the two men on their own.  The passion the two shared was definitely steamy and also full of unspoken feels most of the way through the story.  What they found in the end was a bond stronger than either ever anticipated they'd have for themselves and I was happy they got what they needed.

The issue of personal struggle for Mathias was something I felt evenly torn between.  Part of me wished they found a way to get what they wanted and needed without the miracle moment and part of me was grateful that they found a kind of completeness that worked for them.  It could have gone either way and while I enjoy what we got, I kind of feel like the grass may be greener on the other side.  Finding a way to accept yourself for exactly who you are, as you are, is a tough endeavor without anything out of your control getting in your way.  There's a message missing with the cure we found because the toxicity behind Mathias' father's ideas of what makes a strong Alpha is nearly reinforced by having that "flaw" of Mathias' be the thing that solidifies their bond.

Despite that bit of ambivalence, this was such a great story that needed to happen in the series.  It's definitely a stand-alone story, but to understand the depth of Mathias' guilt and resentment I highly suggest reading Trust No Alpha prior to this one.

*$3.99 on Amazon
 Single Omega Dad: Omega Misfits Book 4, Wendy Rathbone

My new financial guardian, Mathias, is a cold, self-centered, rude-ass Alpha and the son of one of the wealthiest men in the country. To him, I am a burden on society, only fit to live on a chattel farm.

It doesn’t matter that I’m drawn to him, to his ominous presence and chiseled jaw, his muscular body in his fitted silk suits. I’m a single dad with kids and responsibilities--I don’t have time for that rich bastard.

He keeps coming by the house so I can sign documents, fine. But then he’s got cute gifts for my kids. It’s got to stop. I don’t have time to fix him. Don’t have time to fall in love with an Alpha right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment