Finding You: Voice Out Book 1, Stella Rainbow

Finding You (Voice Out #1): A Hurt/Comfort Gay Romance by [Stella Rainbow]

Scott and Luke were incredibly sweet together when Luke's walls dropped.  With a difficult past that left scars both physical and mental it's no surprise that the relationship takes time to grow and I was glad the story focused on the growth rather than a cliche "sexual healing" scenario.  Luke needed time to learn trust and comfort and to find the strength within himself to progress beyond his past horror.

What I enjoyed most was the sweetness and tenderness that took precedence over sexual interest.  I'm all for a deliciously smutty story, but when dealing with trauma it's more important to heal the brain before jumping back into the sack, even if you never do make it there.  Scott's sexuality was almost too perfect for Luke, but that's actually a sweet way to write in a simplified journey for both men.  At the length of the story it was important not to overcomplicate things.  Luke's trauma is plenty.

The confrontation at the end was a little overdramatized, but nothing unbearable or out of the realm of possibility.  Overall this was a very good story that focused on healing, honesty, and how Scott and Luke forged a future together amidst trials.  With a supporting cast that really lifted the story I'm definitely interested in coming back for more from the series.

*$3.99 on Amazon
 Finding You: Voice Out Book 1, Stella Rainbow

Luke:
It has been a year since I escaped my three years of hell. Twelve months, and yet I felt just as broken as I had all those months ago. I had a job now, a home and people who cared about me, and yet I was all alone in this darkness that surrounded me. My past haunted me day and night and there was no one who could protect me from it.

Until I met Scott.

Scott:
Losing every person I loved one after the other made me realise just how much loving someone could hurt. Without even realising, I made a decision to never love another person again, lest I lost them too. For years, my life revolved around studying and then working and the only person I was close to was my best friend, who wouldn't leave me alone, no matter what I tried. I was content to stay alone.

Until I met Luke.

A man shy of loving someone again and a man haunted by his past. Will they be able to help each other heal? Or will they just end up breaking each other?

Has Brady found his own match?
Meet Luke's friend Brady
as he helps Charlie find himself,
and maybe some love along the way.
Finding Me (Voice Out #2): A Queer Romance by [Stella Rainbow]
 *Pre-order for $3.99 on Amazon
 Finding Me: Voice Out Book 2, Stella Rainbow

Brady:
I thought I was happy with my life. I have a successful business, an awesome found family, a dog who is a bigger princess than me and volunteer work that keeps me busy and satisfied when nothing else does.

I was content—and I'd thought I was happy, too—to live my life just like that. No mess. No one to demand things of me I wasn't willing to give. No complications.

But then I met Charlie.

Charlie:
For my whole life, I'd been sure I was destined to live a half-life, to hide a part of myself so I wouldn't lose the only two people I cared about. And I was resigned to my fate.

But when my dad died of a sudden heart attack, I realized life was too short to keep hiding. I moved to a new city, but I had no clue how to go about finding a part of myself that I'd buried so long ago.

And then I met Brady.

A man who is out and proud of who he is and a person who has spent their life hiding a part of themselves. Will they be able to forge a path together or would their differences end up pushing them away?

No comments:

Post a Comment