Christmas Riches, H.L. Day

Christmas Riches: An age gap holiday romance by [Day, H.L]

Overall this was a nice story that did have a happy ending and included a lot of sexiness that worked to draw the MC's together. I'm honestly torn because I liked where they ended up and there was a real connection, though it was a difficult one due to external circumstances and internal angst, but there were quite a few things that really, REALLY bothered me about the story.

I definitely didn't like the way the separation played out or the "permission" for other partners during it and the reunion was so very lackluster that it kind of didn't make up for the difficult sacrifice. For all of Tom's "I know my own mind" and "I'll never let you go", he really made a mockery of that because of his own cowardice. Yes, I completely agree that he needed the chance to grow up, but to have so much emphasis on his insistence throughout the first 2/3 of the book regarding his pursuing Aiden and then for Tom to do to Aiden what he did while away was unacceptable. It honestly turned my stomach.

Aiden felt so very Eeyore about almost everything that I had a really hard time connecting with him. His sweetness, understanding, and honest love for Tom made up for that though. It was Tom's actions that made him revert back to his very sad-sack mien. Tom is the kind of brash, sassy, vulnerable, and insecure MC that I kind of like, at least until he blows it by acting his age. I agreed with the decision but his immaturity really showed in how he handled it. I don't think either of them grew in a positive way once things got difficult.

The beginning was interesting and once things really started growing between Aiden and Tom I was actually eager to keep reading. And then Tom made a choice that sent it all careening downhill and I struggled to finish the story. It wasn't a bad story, just really, really not my cup of tea once I hit the 2/3 point.

*$3.99 on Amazon
 Christmas Riches, H.L. Day

Opposites might attract. But does that include age?

Christmas comes early for Aiden Malone in the form of a seductive, blue-eyed stranger down on his knees. But a shocking revelation about his new “friend” has him running for the hills and cursing his stupidity before the night is out.

Tom's not prepared to give up that easily. He may be rich where Aiden's poor. Innocent in a way that Aiden isn't. And on the wrong side of twenty. But he's old enough to know what he wants. And that's Aiden. He just needs to persuade the older man to look past his hang-ups about age and wealth.

Lust and prejudice pull Aiden in opposite directions, severely testing his willpower. As Tom's layers begin to peel away, Aiden discovers the younger man's life of privilege may not be all it seems. If Aiden gives in, they could have the sweetest Christmas that either of them has ever tasted.

But Tom's about to shatter their joy with a surprise announcement. Decisions need to be made on both sides. It’s down to Aiden, though, to stay strong and decide whose happiness is more important. His? Or Tom's? Because they can’t have it both ways.

It's possible their relationship won't even last as long as it takes for the snow to melt.
a

No comments:

Post a Comment