The King and Jai: Royal and Reckless Book 1, Isla Olsen

The King and Jai (Royal & Reckless Book 1) by [Isla Olsen]

This is so very my style of book for when I want to feel happy, bubbly, and to recover from anything more angsty or dramatic.  Keep in mind though, that you'll need to hold back your need for reality when it comes to royalty, royal protocols, and various elements of the mundane daily life of a royal while reading this one.  The point of this story isn't royal life, it's the seemingly impossible romance, a couple of conflicts that need quick resolutions, and enough steam and getting-to-know you stuff to believe in the romance itself.

Lukas was gruff and frustrated because of years of denial, but his heart was so very present in the way he interacted with his children and revered and loved his deceased wife.  Complications coming from either his children or his wife weren't an issue.  What was an issue was the homophobia his father harbored and wielded as a weapon.  Once he overcame the internal struggle with his upbringing he was all in with Jai in every single way.  I adored that there was no angst there because I just didn't really want any in this short, very sweet story.

Jai was adorably flustered at times because of his attraction and the rather ridiculous scene where he caught the king in a rather compromising position.  With the children he was dedicated and loving and his studies were present in a way that added to his validity for not just being there, but for who he was.  It fed his motivations and gave something truly interesting to his character.  Seeing that that passion and those duties didn't fall by the wayside because of feelings or sexy times was a concern I had and was happy to find unfounded.

The romance was sweet, steamy, and really worked for me.  And when the grand gesture came, it was big, rather believable and yet very fairy-tale like, and so very sweet.  I'm a sucker for a feel-good romance with no angst and a lot of spice and this is exactly what I got with The King and Jai.

*$3.99 on Amazon
 The King and Jai: Royal and Reckless Book 1, Isla Olsen

One young American tutor + one dangerously sexy widowed king = conflict, chaos, misadventure and lots and lots of sexytimes
Jai
For the record, sleeping with my boss was not part of the plan when I started this new job. A job I desperately need to get my parents off my back about my chosen career path.
But the second I catch sight of Lukas Romansky in the flesh, I know I’m in trouble. The guy is pure sex wrapped in a three-piece suit, and not even his stuffy attitude or the way he seems to despise me on sight is enough to stifle my attraction.
But I’m here to work, not to hook up. It doesn’t matter how sexy Lukas is, or how sweet he is with his children—sleeping with the boss is never a good idea.
Oh, and did I mention my boss also happens to be the king?
Yes, King Lukas III of Korova, the man voted World’s Sexiest Head of State three years in a row. Hooking up with him wouldn’t just be a bad idea, it would be an international scandal.
So believe me when I say I didn’t come to Korova with the intention of seducing the king. But sometimes things just happen. And is it my fault I’m impossible to resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment