The Snow Dragon's Mate: Lonely Dragons Club Book 2, Silvia Violet

The Snow Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club Book 2) by [Violet, Silvia]

The amount of steam in this short story is incredible.  Sometimes it pulled focus from the romantic build, but these kinds of stories generally follow the same romantic formula by starting with the lust and ending with the love.  It's not a bad or ineffective approach, it's just a bit predictable.

Holden is a sassy omega who has a heap of hurt to heal if he's really going to chase after his HEA.  Kymar is a dissatisfied playboy (play-dragon?) who wants a mate but isn't sure how to go about finding one of his own.  Together they are an incredibly sweet pairing with crazy amounts of chemistry.

I liked the simple evolution of the story and especially Kymar's guileless love of the snow and commitment to his mate.  Both of those traits sold me on him as an individual.  While Holden's emotional reaction to getting stuck in the snow is a little much for me, I do extremely appreciate his forthright honesty instead of a typical response of defensiveness.  I can't say I was captivated by the characters, but I did quite like them on a surface level.  I think they had massive potential on their own and together but were hampered by the length of the story.

The other dragons are quite interesting and I'd be interested to see more from the Lonely Dragons Club because the ones I met here are sweet, toppy, and so very eager to find the partner of their souls.  On its own, this story does stand, though I will probably say that for enjoyment of the club on the whole, reading the other books in the series sure wouldn't go amiss.

*$2.99 on Amazon
 The Snow Dragon's Mate: Lonely Dragons Club Book 2, Silvia Violet

Best Christmas gift ever: Finding out dragons exist and one of them is your fated mate.
Kymar
Weary from centuries spent searching for my mate, I hid away in a mountain cabin until an offer from a friend leads me to the most exquisite omega I have ever seen. From the moment our eyes meet, all I want is to make him mine. A well-timed storm leaves him stranded in my lair, but when the snow melts, he insists on returning to his human life. I’m convinced we’re fated for one another. Can I make this stubborn young man believe it too?

Holden
I rode on a dragon’s back. A real, live dragon. In his human form, Kymar is so gorgeous I can hardly breathe around him. I’m drawn to him by a force too strong to ignore, but, magical creature or not, I can’t get involved with him. Happiness never lasts. I’ve learned that lesson again and again. After I walk away, my longing to return grows worse every day until I start to wonder if I can find to courage to believe what my heart and my dragon say is true—Kymar and I are meant to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment