In Deep Shift: The Protectors Unlimited Book 3, Keira Blackwood

In Deep Shift: A Shifter Paranormal Romance (The Protectors Unlimited Book 3) by [Blackwood, Keira]
 In Deep Shift: The Protectors Unlimited Book 3, Keira Blackwood

I was expecting more silliness like in Suave as Shift, book 2 in the series, but instead this was much more serious, had quite a bit more action, and the heroine really stole the show.  This was a pleasant change from the previous book.  The drama in this story seemed vastly different from what we got before, but the conflict was extremely fitting for both of these characters and had a lot more depth than I was expecting.  Overall, this was my favorite of the series thus far and I'll happily dive into more from this world if I get more like this book.

Zane is dark, broody, challenging, and in need of a good laugh.  Thankfully Mia is just the sneaky little fox shifter to take on that challenge.  She's plucky, good at her craft, lives up to the fox's stereotype, and has a very agile mind.  She knows her talents and her job and despite her draw to believe in the organization that saved and employs her, she doesn't let that loyalty blind her to the truth.  What her intelligence does is astound me at virtually every turn.  She becomes the hero of the story and of her man.  Gotta love strong, independent women that happen to find love along the way.

It's a little harder to pin down Zane, mostly because he's pretty basic in his description.  The fact that he's a dragon almost wins me over despite him being pretty predictable.  He's not a bad male lead, but he does pale in comparison to Mia.

With an enemy that may or may not have a name, they have their work cut out for them in knowing who to trust.  I love that we get to see the silly Logan again and that the family relationship there is much more clear than what we previously learn.  It's only after reading this book that I really understand some of the interactions and ramifications of stuff that went down in book 2.  There's no clear prediction for what kind of drama we'd get if the series continues, but no matter what happens, if this book is any indication of the trajectory, I'm in.

*$3.99 on Amazon
 In Deep Shift: The Protectors Unlimited Book 3, Keira Blackwood

She stole my wallet--and my heart.

Dragonkind is all but extinct. My mission is simple—protect the survivors of the Therion Tribunal’s assault.

After centuries of searching, I've finally located the weapon that could shift the balance of power. This is the battle I’ve waited for my entire life. I’m ready to do what I must, whatever it takes.

But then she walks into my life. I know that Mia is my enemy. I know I shouldn’t let her in. Still, I find myself drawn to her. She is impossible to ignore, impossible to deny. She challenges me and stirs desires long suppressed. Being close to her allows me to hope, to feel. I can’t afford to give in.

And yet even if I wanted to, even when my mission depends on it—I can’t let her go.

No comments:

Post a Comment