Copper Creek: Sawyer's Ferry Book 3, Cate Ashwood

Copper Creek: A Sawyer's Ferry Novel by [Ashwood, Cate]

Ack!! I was absolutely not expecting this to be so funny, but it was! Frankie is adorable and sassy and always moving. His "generous gifts" to Barrett pretty much set the tone for their dynamic and even though it takes a little bit for Barrett to come to terms with his newly discovered facets of sexuality, once they're all in, they're all in...pun intended =].

There was so much tenderness and discovery here that showed that there's so much more to them beyond the bedroom proving that they're utterly perfect for one another despite all their differences. I love the opposites-attract trope and Copper Creek definitely did this one justice. For all their disparities there was a commonality in their affections that gave a solid foundation to all their romantic endeavors and a deeper undertone to their sexy times. I adored them together!

Sometimes you get a lot of angst from guys who hadn't been with other males up to the point they meet their person and while there was definitely some thought and a little bit of turmoil, there was no unnecessary dragging out of any angst. I do wish there were more background on Barrett. I wanted to learn so much more about him. I mean, I truly enjoyed him and all his muscly sweetness but a lot of things about him were kind of vague, like his family. In the end though, it's really difficult not to love him despite that so this isn't really a complaint.

And to avoid spoilers I won't go into too much detail about the end and I'll just say that the epilogue wasn't detailed enough and jumping forward in time missed a great opportunity to answer questions, build depth, and satisfy my need for more of Barrett and Frankie together. Such a great story!

*$3.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
 Copper Creek: Sawyer's Ferry Book 3, Cate Ashwood

No comments:

Post a Comment