Ageless Fate: A Collection of Strays Book 1, Toby Wise

Ageless Fate (A Collection of Strays Book 1) by [Wise, Toby]

This whole story was so dang cute!  There were so many things that I completely didn't expect and was charmed most of the way through.  I will say though, that it feels like we're jumping into the series at book two rather than book one.  Quite a bit of background information is missing so I had a hard time connecting to the main characters as individuals.  The whole brood, however, was quirky, funny, snarky, mis-matched awesomeness.  I'm absolutely in for more of the series.

I adored the family dynamic and all the different types of shifters.  For Dakota to manage as a single father to a whole mess of children and have each of them love him so intensely in their own ways was absolutely admirable.  I would have liked to see more of his parenting from the genesis.  We don't find out why or how he "collected" his children really and that big piece of how they all came to be together wasn't given enough attention.  Granted, this story is mainly about the romantic relationship and Charlie is coming in quite late to the party, but still, I would have liked a lot more background.

What impressed me the most were the MC's and their portrayal of non-typical alpha/omega roles.  Each found their ideal match in someone who had their genetic role by genetic default and yet their personalities were atypical versions of those roles.  Dakota was a strong, determined, firm omega who loved deeply and openly.  He was all that hearth and home are truly meant to be.

While it didn't feel like a satisfying standalone due to the lack of personal histories, the overall story was absolutely charming and I'm eager to find out how each of the children find and learn to keep their mates.

*$2.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
 Ageless Fate: A Collection of Strays Book 1, Toby Wise

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would find my true mate in my ER. He’s handsome and everything I’ve ever wished for in a mate but will my age be a problem for him? And most importantly, what will the houseful of strays I’ve adopted think of Charlie? ~Dakota

Waking up in the hospital was not on my list of things to do but finding my true mate makes it worth the pain. My father pushed me out of our pack when I wouldn’t conform to his mold of what an alpha should be like but Dakota shows me I’m worthy of his love just the way I am. Not everyone in my instafamily welcomes me with open arms and I can’t help but wonder, ‘Will I ever find acceptance?’ ~Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment