Dream: Jagged Edge Prequel, Remi Varlow

I wanted to love this book.  Opposites attract, biker hotness, sassy twink, bi discovery, redemption, bad boy spice, alphamallow...this book should have been my jam, but it just didn't hit me in the feels, make me yearn, fan myself, or engage me, instead I felt it fell short.

That's very, very much my minority opinion, of course.  So when I say it didn't hit me in the feels I think it was mostly due to the pacing and the lack of depth in addition to the utter nonsensical reactions by Dream.  Yes, I do understand his damage, I do understand that he's young, I really do.  But reading his over-the-top reaction to the rather contrived shock of Grave's ex just added ridiculous to the unnecessary.

While the tropes grabbed my attention, the story lacked what I needed for it to keep my attention.  This was the first book I've read by this author and while there were small gems that I did enjoy, I admit that I skimmed most of the book after realizing the grit, darkness, and stark yearning in Grave wasn't going to last beyond the opening scene and the "meet-not-exactly-cute".


*$2.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!

No comments:

Post a Comment