Submitting to Fate: A Collection of Strays Book 5, Toby Wise

Submitting to Fate (A Collection of Strays Book 5) by [Toby Wise]

Rhett and Wyn have both led lives that seem to imply they're either perfect for one another or "never the 'twain shall meet" and I'm so glad that both men found a way to submit to Fate and all the ways they could fill one another's souls.  There were some rocky moments, but just like with each and every story in the series, they pulled it out in the end and gave in to a plan larger and more knowledgeable than their own.

One bit that didn't gel for me was their big moment of "communication" where the lead up to Wyn and Rhett's dynamic was building only to culminate in a moment that felt uncomfortable.  Wyn's thoughts regarding knowing what Rhett needed and yet ignoring the signs didn't feel right and that their moment of sharing all the angst from their hearts came so late in the story didn't exactly fit their flow either.  With such a short story I wasn't expecting it to be all hearts and roses, but two really big things that were specific to them and their story weren't given enough page time to feel resolved.

What I did love were all the sweet moments when you could see Rhett growing from the brat-for-brattiness'-sake into the brat-with-a-cornerstone.  With Wyn to ground him, to give him the peace he needs he could assume his role as the brat with more humor than before because he didn't need the facade to cover his pain.  Wyn softened as well and his journey was more one of bringing his past alongside his present and reveling in love instead of grief.  Rhett's insistence in keeping Wyn's past as an integral part of their hearts and going so far as to pass it on to their future was immensely wonderful.  It showed growth and a true understanding of love multiplying rather than living with a heart divided.  That was my favorite part.  These two men needed one another and I was pleased overall with their story.

$2.99 on Amazon
 Submitting to Fate: A Collection of Strays Book 5, Toby Wise

I hide behind snarky comments and teasing smiles because letting people see the true me is terrifying. The day I find out Wyn is my mate, all the BS falls away. He sees me, the real me, and instead of running for the hills, he stays by my side. My past reminds me of my failings but Wyn says I’m good. As I submit to him, just maybe I'll learn to believe him. -Rhett

Here I am, finding myself mated for the second time, pregnant without even really trying with a mouthy, bratty alpha. What the heck was Lady Fate thinking? As time goes on and with a little trial and error, Rhett and I learn to fit into our new dynamics. Rhett may submit to me, but I submit to Lady Fate, and so far, She's never pushed me past what I could take. -Wyn

No comments:

Post a Comment