Little Infinities: Love by Chance Book 1, Kiska Gray

Little Infinities (Love By Chance Book 1) by [Kiska Gray]

Full warning, there is another partner.  True, Seb and Apollo aren't technically together when it happens, but it is after they have their weekend of sex and true connection.  When I read what Apollo did I felt sick and nearly gave up reading.  I even teared up.  I truly can't stand MC's that do that; it gouges out a scab I have in my heart for denying your soul what it needs, who it needs, and in the case of Apollo and Sebastian, there are no two souls that need one another more.  And seriously, it was only the next day that Apollo went out and slept with someone.  Not even a week later it was Sebastian who made the grand gesture to get them back on track.  I wasn't a fan of that at all.

But...I was glad I stuck with it.  The story was sweet with a whole lot of tenderness and steam to match.  The conflict wasn't in Apollo's actions after their big weekend, it was Apollo's fear and insecurities.  That was handled pretty well, but we didn't really get anywhere with it as it was basically just a constant companion and filled most of his thoughts whenever he reflected on his relationship with Sebastian.  I can't say there was any true healing, but he did come to accept everything Sebastian offered him and that it wasn't a misguided or mistaken desire, Sebastian truly wanted Apollo for everything he was and wasn't.  He just wanted him, in all that that meant.

Sebastian was easy to love right from the start, with his passion, open heart, honesty, and earnest desire for a settled and happy life.  There were times that I skimmed through his inner dialogues because they were a bit repetitive, but other than that he remained the same all the way through the story.  I think that was really what worked for this story even though it made it a little on the simple side.  There were no huge conflicts, the characters basically opened their eyes and hearts to a future with one another, and everything ended with happiness and a puppy.  If you were expecting complexity and angst, this isn't really going to give that to you.  It was simple and effective where we begin with a moment that saved two souls and ended with those two souls forging an intertwined future.

*$4.99 on Amazon
 Little Infinities: Love by Chance Book 1, Kiska Gray

Apollo
On my darkest day, a handsome stranger saved me, but one look into his eyes and I knew he was broken, too.  I promised myself that one day, I'd find him and thank him, but what do you do when your savior turns out to be rock god Sebastian St. Crow?

I'm about to find out.

Sebastian
On my darkest day, I found someone who needed help maybe even more than I did.  Someone whose pain echoed mine, and in that moment, I'd wanted to save him.  I gave him a second chance--bit forgetting the beautiful young man with those haunted eyes was next to impossible.

I can have anyone I want, but I want him...and I think he wants me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment