Gin Me Over, Susan Mac Nicol

Gin Me Over by [Mac Nicol, Susan]

This was really so dang cute at so many moments that I found myself smiling in real life at Birdy's antics.  When things were good between him and Jaydon I was smiling really hard as well.  The puns were fantastic, as I have a great fondness for both puns and dad jokes, of which Birdy seems to have plenty.

As individuals I found both men quite interesting, though moreso with Birdy because we get so much more of him.  We learn where he came from, the reason for his determination, his fondness for all things avian, his quirks, and his heart.  Jaydon is less known and that's a shame.

While I absolutely detested Jaydon's cruel rooster-like posturing and thought his groveling could have used a lot more work, the matter was a simple one and I was glad they found a way to reconcile.  From there to the epilogue is a big jump and I wish we had at least a few more pages to connect those moments, especially as this is more of a sweet story without any on-page, fade-to-black, or behind-closed-doors intimate scenes.  I really just wanted more all around because this was such a cute story that I wasn't ready for it to end.

*$1.99 on Amazon
 Gin Me Over, Susan Mac Nicol

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

Imaginative, creative, brilliant are some of the accolades Bradley “Birdy” Dobbs enjoys as the creator of top-of-the-line designer gin. Flighty, crazy, and irresponsible are also monikers used to describe him, mostly by the parade of Relationship Managers – read: death and doomsday business wazzocks – the bank sends over to Birdy’s company, Ori-Gin. When the latest number cruncher shows up with propositions Birdy can live with – and some he’s aching to try – Jaydon Tyrell becomes the most important member of Birdy’s flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment