Fate's Perfect Timing: A Collection of Strays Book 3, Toby Wise

Fate's Perfect Timing (A Collection of Strays Book 3) by [Wise, Toby]
 Fate's Perfect Timing: A Collection of Strays Book 3, Toby Wise

Fated mates, knotty fun, and first times for everyone, this book has all the cheesy sweetness I've come to expect and enjoy about this series.  Isaiah is a non-binary unicorn who longs for their mate.  When YouTube and a best friend bring them Sam, Fate obviously has a handle on things.  Sam's smitten right away and it's clear from their meet-cute that things are going to end up with a pair of sparkly mated unicorns and really, what could be cuter than that?  Probably the tattoos...but you'll have to read the story to find out why =].

Speaking of cute, I have to say I'm a huge fan of Sam's favorite pick-up line.  "You're pretty, I'm cute.  Together we'd be pretty cute."  I think that's how it goes, but whatever, it's freaking adorable.  Is it also a good time to mention I'm a fan of clever dad jokes?  Anyway...

This story is quick and a whole lot of sweet with shy giggles, lots of blushing, and a fumbling first time for Isaiah and Sam.  I really enjoyed their dynamic, that despite their genetic assignments neither enforced any kind of authority over the other, and through their equally controlling upbringing they were able to recognize the uniqueness they had to offer one another.  Even better was their ability to appreciate and encourage it as well.

There was quite a lot of education about how a non-binary person may think and feel based on Isaiah's specific understanding of their identity.  It didn't take up a whole lot of the book, just a very public moment during the Con and a private moment when Sam used communication to understand his mate.  That moment was far more effective than others I've read and was far less preachy, which I completely appreciated.  It was simple, to the point, and heartfelt.

The whole plot is basically finding their mate, mating, and all the lovely consequences of enjoying a rather intense omega heat.  Definitely simplistic, but adequate for the short length of the book.  I especially loved getting to visit with the whole Burke pack and the teaser for Cameron's story (which I've been dying to get my teeth into!).  There's so much to love about this family and I'm definitely coming back for more.

*$2.99 on Amazon
 Fate's Perfect Timing: A Collection of Strays Book 3, Toby Wise

I’m just your average non-binary unicorn, making a living as a beauty guru on YouTube, dreaming about finding my mate. I dream about the perfect meet cute and to my absolute delight, meeting Sam is just that. He’s everything I ever pictured in a mate; strong, broad, and bearded. But will our inexperience push each other away? ~Isaiah

I was shunned by my family after not going through with an arranged marriage. That night, I was positive I’d just met my soulmate and I was prepared to spend my life alone. That is, until I met Isaiah. All I wanna do is take care of them the way they deserve, but alpha instinct only goes so far. Lady Fate’s finally brought us together, but can we figure out the rest ourselves? ~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment