Zombies Ahead: Club Zombies Book 1, Z. Allora

Zombies Ahead (Club Zombies Book 1) by [Allora, Z.]
 Zombies Ahead: Club Zombies Book 1, Z. Allora

A seriously sexy twist on zombies made this an extremely interesting story to dive into.  I wish so hard that I loved it.  There was very little character depth and the story was so focused on all the sex around the MC's that we got extremely little of their own relationship development and intimacy.  When they did get around to bonding it was so underwhelming that I almost wish I DNF'ed this book.  So seriously sad because I was set to enjoy the story based on the sexy premise.

Kai, a hick from the German sticks, is whisked away to a completely foreign world, in more ways than one.  I could appreciate his personal journey into finding out what he likes, who he likes, and what the zombie world is all about.  But while I was expecting characters evolving, I got a whole lot of voyeurism and sex by everyone but Kai and the man he's drawn to more than anyone else and it left me with a sour feeling.  I'm certainly not a prude, but I was appalled by what I was witnessing through Kai's "education".

Jasper was so tame and hands-off that I just didn't care about him at all.  There was so much potential for him and we got so little that I didn't even really know why I bothered being interested in the first place.  I understand that he was pretty set in his disappointment over not having a mate, but after counseling others you'd think he'd be a tiny bit more aware of the reactions he was having to Kai and would be more interested in learning about him, getting closer to him to find out if what he's drawn to is a mate bond in Kai and not just a nice-looking young man, and more annoyed by the offers and advances of fellow zombies.  We got so little that it might as well have been nothing at all.

Their connection was too little, too late for me and while I'm a fan of the double-innocents thing, there was so little to recommend them as a couple that I just didn't care.  The "seer" bit with Kai's cousin, the creating a connection and building a mate bond between Kai and Jasper, Kai learning to accept his sexuality...there were a lot of things that could have been developed and yet we were just given a very erotic view into a zombie brothel.  I didn't hate the story, but I definitely didn't enjoy it either.

*$3.99 on Amazon
 Zombies Ahead: Club Zombies Book 1, Z. Allora

Zombies suck, but they’re not after brains! These zombies are young, hot, and looking for action. One day Kai Bauer is tending vineyards in Germany, the next he’s on a plane heading for… well, he doesn’t really know.

Wait a minute! He’s a what? And they have to drink male essence to live forever? The transition begins on his nineteenth birthday. He must find a mate in four years or he won’t ever be emotionally or physically satisfied.

That’s Jasper’s problem. After decades, the ex-priest has given up on finding his mate. He’s living a chaste life but he’s willing to be Kai’s mentor and friend. Gorgeous, distant, and off-limits meet young, virile, and gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment