Heart of the Mountain, Frankie Love and C.M. Seabrook

Heart of the Mountain by [Love, Frankie, Seabrook, C.M.]
 Heart of the Mountain, Frankie Love and C.M. Seabrook

I wanted so much to like this story.  A heroine who is putting her life on the line for a baby, a celibate (virgin in this case) hero, and a rugged mountain setting...should be amazing, right?  If only.  If only they lived up to the idea I had of them before I started reading.

I just had a really hard time with the heroine's knee-jerk reactions that constantly put her in worse danger.  Her courage was admirable, but she made things worse on multiple occasions and that didn't sit well with me.  There were so many other things she could have done, that he could have done, but once again, we're all victims of their inability to communicate and think before acting.  Which totally bites because I wanted to like this book!!  The big conflict just didn't work for me either.  A lot of build up and a whole lot of crazy that seemed more like a rushed resolution.

According to the Amazon reviews pouring in, it appears that I am in the minority.  I usually love the author's work and snag almost every book she writes, but this story just did not live up to her usual standard, in my opinion.

*99¢ on Amazon
 Heart of the Mountain, Frankie Love and C.M. Seabrook

An angel.
It's the worst rainstorm in history when I find her unconscious in the woods.
Sent from heaven.
She's lost and alone, a newborn baby in her arms.
I will protect them. My cabin is their shelter from the storm. Under my care, no one can hurt them.
Whatever the cost. But I'm not who she thinks I am.
And if she finds out, she'll keep on running.
My home is her home, my heart her heart. And I sure as hell don't want to break it.

No comments:

Post a Comment