Make Me Give In: Omega Celibacy Club Book 1, Angel Knots

Make Me Give In (Omega Celibacy Club Book 1) by [Knots, Angel]

Fighting biology is never easy but I'm definitely on board if that's what will bring you the most personal satisfaction and happiness.  I liked the idea of fated mates and of omegas not letting their drive to submit, have babies, and focus only on child-rearing derail their career goals.  While I didn't think the story maintained its strength all the way through, it was a cute story that was full of sweetness and steam.

At the outset we're introduced to very different omegas who will each get their own stories and I'd be willing to read them to see how each of them balance their desires with their dreams.  I know dreams can change, that life circumstances show us that what we may have always wanted up to that point isn't what we want from that moment going forward, but it's how the change is accepted and made that makes for a compelling story.  I don't think this book met that challenge as well as it could have.

Hunter's control and determination to have Simon completely on board with any relationship changes was admirable.  I like that he didn't let biological drives and lust completely take over.  The way Simon used certain consequences as the relationship conflict was not my favorite.  Nor was their lack of clear communication in conjunction with making decisions on the other person's behalf.  I think there could have been something more solid to create the angst and not immature relationship issues.

As for the steamy scenes, I'll admit to skimming and even skipping quite a bit of it.  I've rarely said there's too much sex in a book but I think here there was.  It was also kind of cringe-worthy in the writing of those scenes.  If that were toned down or made more believable I'd have been a fan.  As it is though, it just became a significant portion of the story that I didn't give my full attention.  With a sweet ending that magically fit Hunter and Simon's new version of "perfection", this wasn't a bad read at all.

*$3.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
 Make Me Give In: Omega Celibacy Club Book 1, Angel Knots

Welcome to the Omega Celibacy Club. No sex until graduation. No unexpected pregnancies. No alphas needed.

SIMON
Even if it’s not politically correct to say so anymore, everyone still knows that alphas and omegas are ruled by their biology. Sure, it’s the twenty-first century now and most people have given up believing in archaic ideas like fated mates, but just take a look at college drop out rates and you’ll see that some things haven’t changed at all. Alphas still dominate, omegas still submit, and horny college kids in heat let their hormones dictate poor choices every day.

Not me and my roommates, though. Not if I have anything to say about it. Too many of our classmates here at Preston College have gotten knocked up and then dropped out. Given up their goals and dreams just because they’ve met an alpha with a big… ego. The point here is that there’s only one surefire way to avoid that trap, and that’s why I started the Omega Celibacy Club. No sex until graduation. No unexpected pregnancies. No alphas needed.

And no, I’m not just saying that because I’ve been hung up on one particular alpha for approximately ever. I’m totally over Hunter King. I mean, not that there was ever anything to get over. Our families have been friends forever and he dated my sister back when I was still just a kid, but even if me and my right hand may have pined for him once upon a time, I barely ever think of him anymore.

I mean never. I never think of him anymore.

Did I mention I’m over it?

HUNTER
Weddings are a great place to get laid, but when I show up for my ex’s big day, I’m hoping to get a lot more than that. I’ve never admitted it, but the reason I broke up with her all those years ago was because of her brother. One look at little Simon Lawson and I was a goner. Of course I didn’t say anything though, not back then. I didn’t touch him. Always kept my distance. I had to, because he was just a kid… but he’s all grown up now.

I’ve bided my time for years, but now I’m ready to see if the feeling is mutual. And if it is, I know exactly what I want. I want Simon. I want a family. And I want it forever. And even though I’ve never been the kind of alpha who imposes his will on omegas, when I finally realize just what it is that my omega needs, I know I’ll do anything at all to make that forever happen.
In fact, I’ll do everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment