Dead Wrong: Cold Case Psychic Book 11, Pandora Pine

Dead Wrong (Cold Case Psychic Book 11) by [Pine, Pandora]

I was surprised to find some situational similarities to things going on in my own life and I'm sad to say that it made beginning the book quite difficult.  Once I went beyond myself and read for escape into a world I truly enjoy, the Crew gave me the good feels I was hoping for.  There were many instances while reading that I could predict what would happen and quite a few others that surprised me.  I found both elements quite comforting because it was true to the Cold Case Crew formula while also adding a couple surprises to keep it different and interesting.

But Ronan...forever Ronan will be my favorite.  The man he is, the man he has become, to the man he'll grow to be...he has stunned me over and over again.  With so much love, rationality, heart, determination, empathy, tenderness, and understanding he's pretty much the perfect male lead for me.  He's quirky and silly when it's appropriate, he still has a bit of an Irish temper, and all of it is softened by how he shows his love and support and then strengthened by his sheer will.

The villain was a bit predictable and I wish the questions and feelings had been manifest into an actual suspect so they could get to the answer faster so more time could have been spent on Ronan and John.  Their reunion and reconciliation kind of took a back seat to a few too many non-crucial things as well as the overall mystery so I'm hoping that we'll see more of their journey back together as the series continues.

At some moments it felt like the point continually made over and over regarding Ronan's concerns about John wasn't the one that needed that level of repetition.  Instead, less on the possibility of the crime and more on the emotional separation and John's separation from the family he professes to love more than his own life.  I won't lessen the importance of the ramifications of possible guilt because it's definitely a huge deal, I just think that the emphasis on that one issue was a little heavy handed, a little overdone.

Honestly, at the end of the day, there's something addicting about this series.  Even when I had my doubts a few books ago about where the individual characters were going I couldn't give up on them as a whole.  Their family is growing in so many ways, each person is gaining depth, each trial strengthens and reveals a new facet to them.  I'm definitely eager for more.

*$3.95 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
 Dead Wrong: Cold Case Psychic Book 11, Pandora Pine

Cold Case Sergeant, Ronan O’Mara, is set to return to work at the Boston Police Department after the birth of his first child, when a knock at the door brings back a part of his past he thought was gone forever: his father, John. The only thing that Ronan knows about his father is that the man was a no-good drunk who was gone from Ronan’s life before his first birthday. Now that John is back, all he wants is a chance to tell his side of the story. Not surprisingly, Ronan wants no part of this reunion.

No one is more stunned by this turn of events than psychic, Tennyson Grimm. He’s been in contact with Ronan’s deceased mother, Erin, since he and Ronan started working together. Surely if there was more to the story about Ronan’s father, Erin would have told him. Caught between a rock and a hard place, Tennyson is left to navigate the minefield of this complicated father-son relationship, while trying to support the man he loves.

When John O’Mara finally gets the opportunity to explain where he’s been for the last thirty years and, more importantly, why he stayed away, will Ronan and Tennyson jump in to help him solve the decades old crime that kept him away from his family? Or will Ronan stand by what he’s always believed to be the truth about his father? A truth that might just turn out to be dead wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment