Kade: Kincaid Security & Investigations Book 1, Apryl Baker

Kade (Kincaid Security & Investigations Book 1) by [Baker, Apryl]

Finally moving forward after their tumultuous reunion, Angel and Kade are in New York starting a new life together.  But their past hasn't let them go.  When Angel saves a little boy from walking into a busy road she sets in motion events that will either save the life of a little boy and complete their family or destroy them all.

Angel and Kade had a life together in Miami that brought them both the best and worst sides of love.  They're finally healing and moving on in a new city after surviving the Boston serial killer and making their way back into one another's hearts.  The threat from Miami hasn't left, though, and their plot against Kade is even deeper than they realized.  Angel's good deed toward the little boy opens up old wounds and her soul cries out for him.  The son they thought they lost might be in the hands of the gang that broke them apart all those years ago.

 Kade: Kincaid Security & Investigations Book 1, Apryl Baker

The drama is super high in this one.  There are reveals, new characters, intense confrontations, difficult situations that aren't for the faint of heart, and violence galore.  On the other hand, there are moments of tenderness and closeness, "come to Jesus" moments regarding complete honesty, incredible amounts of love, and fierce expressions of protection.  Certainly no skimping on the roller coaster that drives Angel and Kade's life.  I'm hoping things slow down for them sometime soon because their growing family is going to need some peace for healing.

I really enjoyed this story.  It was intense, dark, and yet so very hopeful.  There was a lot going on in this short book and I look forward to seeing their family in the periphery of the series.  Each of the characters introduced here has a darkness in them as well as a deep need to protect.  With the security and investigations firm they're running each of these men will have the chance to both protect and find the partners meant for them, meant to bring light and healing into their lives.

*$3.99 on Amazon or FREE on KU!
Kade: Kincaid Security & Investigations Book 1, Apryl Baker

*Kade and Angel had a hard road to travel
finding their way back to one another.
Read the start of their story in The Sinner's Touch...
The Sinners Touch (A Manwhore Series Book 2) by [Baker, Apryl]
 The Sinner's Touch: A Manwhore Series Book 2, Apryl Baker

~Kade
I fucked up.
She was the best and worst mistake I ever made.
I took the coward’s way out and ran.
Now I have a chance to make it right, but she's being stubborn. It used to be cute, but this time it can get her killed.
Boston's latest serial killer has his sights set on the only woman I have ever truly loved, and I will keep her safe even if it pisses her off, even if she hates me for it.
All bets are off this time. I want her. He wants her. Only one of us will win.
 
And I never fucking lose.
 
~Angelique
He left me broken, shattered. Pain unlike any I’ve ever felt filled me in the wake of his absence.
Six years later, I thought I’d finally gotten over him and moved on. 
But Fate is a tricky bitch. She likes to torture us.
She brought Kade back to me, but I won’t ever hurt like that again.
I just have to stay out of his bed until this is over.
 
Fate is a cruel, cruel bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment